Napa Valley Art & Music Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charge card terminals

Go down

Charge card terminals Empty Charge card terminals

Post  Alan F Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm

I had an artist contact me asking if we would be providing charge card terminals for their use. We will not be doing that. What we are investigating is the possibility of setting up a temporary ATM machine so that if a client is wanting to purchase art they could go to the ATM machine and withdraw cash for the purchase of artwork. Also, (and I am not a high tech guy) I am told that there are devices that can be plugged into you cell phone that will allow you to do charges through your cell phone. That might be worth investigating for those of you who are new to the festival business.

Alan Fowler
artist relations

Alan F

Back to top Go down

Charge card terminals Empty Accepting Credit Card Payments via Pay Pal

Post  moorepenelope Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Pay Pal offers a few really convenient options. Artists can apply for a merchant account and accept payments through Pay Pal. If you have a laptop or an iPad you can make the trasnsaction from your booth Wink

moorepenelope

Back to top Go down

Charge card terminals Empty propay.com

Post  Linjen Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm

I use propay.com and have never had a problem with them. They have NO monthly fee just a low annual one.
Their also have a low percentage fee on purchases.
I use their card reader which is very convenient even when you don't have electricity at a show.
Good luck everyone, Linda Laughing

Linjen

Back to top Go down

Charge card terminals Empty PayPal option

Post  julieric Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

I just spoke with Paypal, where I already have an account. They offer a "Website Payments Pro" which includes a smart phone app, so if you don't have a terminal or a laptop, you may process from your phone. Which brought up this question: will there be wifi available on the festival grounds? Thanks, Julie
The WPP pricing structure is $30 a month with no contract so you can cancel after July if you wish; 3.1% fee on transactions.

julieric

Back to top Go down

Charge card terminals Empty Re: Charge card terminals

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum